Sunday, December 9, 2007

RSS feeds the news

Before now, I didn’t know what RSS was. So basically I've gathered that RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a format that delivers updated news information to a newsreader website that you set up.

There are a few websites that I like to go to for news updates, and I like the concept of RSS because instead of me going to the news; the news is coming to me. This is neat because you don't have to waste time checking different websites. However, if you set up a newsreader site and don't check it much, then it kind of defeats the purpose.

I haven’t set up any RSS feeds yet, but I might in the future. I think it would be good for people who travel a lot. It would also be good for people at work who want to stay updated with the news without wasting work time.

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Nice blog post. Thank you for participating in L2.